I support university technology commercialization, innovation, and entrepreneurship through several programs designed to educate students, faculty, and staff and to launch, fund, and incubate university technology-based companies.
- Serve as co-PI/PI on several innovation-focused grants including $1.1M grant from the Economic Development Administration and two NC Biotechnology Center TEG grants
- Oversee the Startup Consulting Program and mentor MBA student teams to serve as consultants to UNC-based startup companies. Project teams provide direct technical assistance to companies in developing market research, competitive analyses, go-to-market strategy, revenue models, and financial forecasts. 20+ projects supported.
- Provide entrepreneurial and operational support to university startup companies via collaboration with UNC's Office of Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Economic Development. 18 new ventures created through the New Enterprise Opportunity program. Serve as the university representative on the Member Representative Committee for three startups in my startup portfolio.
- Teach entrepreneurship and technology commercialization courses: MBA848A–Startup UNC I: Technology Assessment, MBA846C-Startup Consulting; served as faculty co-advisor to MBA880P; and served as guest lecturer in MBA 896–Healthcare Consulting and MBA 895–Healthcare Entrepreneurship,
- Manage UNC’s Graduate Certificate in Technology Commercialization and Entrepreneurship Program